Thursday, January 9, 2014

I stuck with it!

What: a New Year's resolution gone right!!
When: January 1, 2012

Two years and eight days ago, I started a New Years resolution that would change many things in my life; how I lived, ate, and spent my free time.  Having been fortunate to have people around me that enjoyed cooking, I never took the time to care, try, or enjoy the art behind cooking.  2011 was filled with many life changing events for me, including 'cooking' dinner for me, myself, and I in my first, new to me, house.  And quite frankly, I didn't buy my house because the kitchen was big.
Having successfully made it 365 days without using a microwave, like Forest Gump, I just kept running.  Leaving the microwave in the basement; it's now 2014, and I live with my boyfriend who enjoys food just as much as I do and shares, by default, my wave free lifestyle.

As a pre-Christmas, I can't wait to give you this gift; my boyfriend gave me 'Put 'em Up! Fruit: A Preserving Guide & Cookbook' by Sherri Brooks Vinton.  While looking through this book with him, I decided this book was going to be my 2014 New Years resolution; my boyfriend said he was going to do it with me, but as quickly withdrew from that idea :-)  This is the year that my resolution would dive into a cookbook from cover to cover (which will take about a month considering you're required to make one recipe from the cookbook to make another, easy right?).  I'm doing this in efforts to expand, create, and grow my cooking talents.  That's right, cooking is a talent!  I know this now.

Let's see what else I can find to cook, prepare, and eat after this book is done.  I'm open for suggestions; hint, hint!!

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! You are well on your way to becoming a master cook as you are already master artist and the two are not far apart :) I am impressed and as alway inspired!

    ReplyDelete