Friday, February 14, 2014

Pear of yawns...

2 of 80 recipes...
60 to go...
 
Roasted Pear Puree & Pear Soup
 
Roasting pears in the oven is the best fragrance that I could ever fill my house with; and the beauty as they came out of the oven was so delicious (unfortunately I forgot to take a picture so you'll have to take my word for it).  However the pear puree came up a little short on the flavor.  Incredibly similar to the apple and pear sauce I made with the pierogis, however this was missing the yummy cinnamon and all spice I've come to enjoy.
 
 
 
Making this soup was similar to making a split pea or cream of carrot; you cook all the ingredients and blend away.  Per the recipe, the soup was topped with some of my beautiful blue cheese crumbles; and thankfully so.  The blue cheese was the best part of the soup.  Lacking in flavor and appeal, sadly this recipe is a giant dud. 
 
p.s. As I was reading this post to Shayne, he believes the blue cheese ruined with soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment