Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tea without the Caffeine

Put 'em Up! Fruit
2 of 80 recipes...
44 to go...

Whole Dried Lemons & Herbal Tisane

Just over 8 weeks ago, I boiled three whole fresh lemons in extra, ultra, uber salty water.  After the lemons soaked up all the salt, I put these bright yellow colored lemons on a drying rack under the sink and progressively as the weeks passed, the lemons slowly changed color and shrived down to about 1/3 of the original size.  Once the leathery texture was achieved,  they were ready for the next step.



Tisanes are described as tea-like, but with dried herbs rather than tea.  Making my own tea bag with a coffee filter, I steeped dried rosemary, peppercorns, and one dried lemon in hot water.   


I was impressed with the flavor and taste to be very similar to tea; however the lingering sitting taste on my tongue, when I stop drinking the tisane, was less attractive.  As long as I was drinking the mix, all was good.   I will try this again; hoping to find other recipes with other herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment