Monday, July 14, 2014

to ANCHO or not to ANCHO?

2 of 171 recipes...
115 to go...

Pulled Pork Tacos with Cherry Ancho Chile Jam

Recently at work (cooking school job), I was turned onto ancho chile powder and was pleasantly surprise the added flavor it provided to shrimp and beef recipes.  So when I came upon the cherry ancho chile jam, I was all set to go.  Excited for the outcome, I made this as soon as I got the cherries.
 
 
It took me sometime to get around to making the pork butt; but when I did, the house more fragrant than a bakery.  A dash of this, pinch of that, and a cup of red wine; the pork butt roasted for ten hours.  I've never sliced a more tender cut of meat.
 
The flavors were subtle but I could distinctly taste all the ingredients.  These tacos were tasty, but it was missing something.  I can't put my finger on it because I don't have a pallet for that, but it was good.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment