Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fool Me Once, shame...

2 of 171 recipes...
111 to go...

Frozen Rhubarb & Rhubarb Fool

As my first post in over a month, I feel like I'm cheating posting these recipes on their owe because they were SO simple and only four ingredients.  I chose them for their simplicity and I actually cut and froze the fresh rhubarb at least a month ago, when they were ripe out of my mothers garden.   Thanks Mom!


Step One: freeze some rhubarb

Step Two: cook with sugar.  If you've ever eaten rhubarb, you know you need lots of sugar to cut the sour/bitter taste.

Step Three: add fresh whipped cream.  The book called for regular sugar, so that's what I used for this recipe; but I prefer making whipped cream with powered sugar and add some vanilla extract.

Because this little dish of heaven was so simple and delicious, I will make it again and again and again...
Wait 'til you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment