Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Holy Hanna! Tons of goodness

10 of 171 recipes...
101 to go...

Crunch time.  My desire to finish these recipes is a huge; so I've been cooking and not keeping up with the blog I started to document my journey.  As follows is my hard work in a nut shell.  Short and sweet, since I have more food to cook before the years end.  
___________________________________________________

Classic Blueberry Jam 
& Pan Roasted Chicken with Blueberry Reduction

The jam was good and the chicken prior to the funky reduction was good; add it all together and it was so so.  Not my favorite!


___________________________________________________

Carrots with Plum Sauce

Made with the chicken above, this veggie side dish was the best part on the plate.  I will make this again because now I love carrots and parsnips in plum sauce. 



___________________________________________________

Rhubarb Goat Cheese Crostini

Rhubarb + Cheese = a yummy snack!  The roasted rhubarb was very simple to make.  Through the power of the picture, you can see how easy the rest of this recipe was.  Worth every bite!


___________________________________________________

Blueberry Vinegar

 Who drinks vinegar anyways?  Apparently it's becoming the new thing and I'm in with the cool kids.  Mixed with lime infused soda water, this beverage was shockingly refreshing; though it did take a minute to determine if I liked it or not.



___________________________________________________

Green Grape and Moscato Jelly with Parmesan Frico

The use of wine to create jelly seemed to be a waste of good wine; however after I tried the jelly, I can see why.  It was good.  Not good enough to buy expensive wine to add to jelly.  Additionally the cheese for the frico part of this recipe was expensive and don't think it was enough to have me make it again.
Now that I've shared my penny pincher frustrations; the final product was okay.  The flavors were balanced and I enjoyed trying something totally new to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment