Monday, December 1, 2014

Turkey day TreaTs!

8 of 171 recipes...
55 to go...

Cranberry Quince Preserves &
Filled Crêpes
Welcome to the first of a few recipes that feature the fruit Quince.  I spent many hours looking for the beautifully fragrant fruit and thanks to our hometown Kowalski's I found the hard to find fruit.
This pear/apple like fruit softens up within 25 minutes and because of the very high pectin levels, the preserve set incredibly fast.  To finish up this pairing, making the crêpes was a fun treat on Thanksgiving morning because I made them with my dad.  The flavors were really good, but the experience of this recipe was awesome.


Frozen Berries &
Double Berry Pie
Four different types of berries were piled high in my freeze for months, as I was waiting to make this dessert until Thanksgiving; and the wait was worth it.  It made a great holiday addition to the dessert table, right next to the mini cheesecakes (see below) and homemade caramels.  This pie was tart due to the ratio of cranberries over the other berries: raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries; but with the addition of fresh, sweet whipped cream it was fantastic.  
Side note: my dad topped with the sweetened cream cheese and raved about it, I didn't try it thought.


Pear and Honey Preserves &
Mini Pear and Walnut Cheesecakes
These were one of those recipes that I put off continually because they seemed time consuming; but I was missing out!  These little bits did take a little bit of time to prepare and set up, but not difficult to do at all.  I'd love to try a full flavor berry jam, as I think that might make them pop a little more.


Quine Syrup &
Quince Kiss Cocktail
Sweet Sweet Sweet!  Tasty if you looking for a sugar shock.  Perhaps a chardonnay over a pinot grigio would have been a better route with this recipe.


COOK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment