Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blue Tuesdays

Put 'em Up! Fruit
2 of 80 recipes...
71 to go...

Blueberry Syrup

With a few spare minutes today, I tackled one of the easiest recipes I've ever made.   With four simple ingredients, I cooked down some seriously outstanding blueberry syrup.   Combining all the ingredients into one pan, boil, simmer, separate, can; and that's it!  The one thing that took the most time was the part of separating the syrup from the solids, and finding the best tool to do so; a close second are the dishes, which I still don't like to do.
 
YUM YUM, is it SO de-lish!!
 
 
The recipe instructed to discard the solids; however since I didn't press all the syrup out, I saved the super fruit skins and will figure out a good way to eat all the antioxidants these skins will provide.

Blueberry  Lemonade
 
I will not have any problem consuming the amazing blueberry syrup on my breakfast this weekend; but as a part of my mission, I am to create all recipes from this cookbook including the blueberry lemonade made from the blueberry syrup.
 
 
Using freshly squeezed lemon juice, syrup, and more sugar; I made a concentrate mixer.  When I'm ready for a refreshing beverage, I'll mix seltzer water with this mixer; and you know what, it's pretty good.  The only way it could be better is to use the syrup atop some golden brown pancakes.
 
~~~
I feel the need to mention that if you want any of these great recipes, buy the book; it's been a pleasure thus far.


No comments:

Post a Comment