Friday, February 7, 2014

Scotch - ya

Scotch Eggs
 
Not included in my new year's resolution cookbook, but I've been wanting to make scotch eggs since my roommates friend gave me one to try, unfortunately I didn't eat it in time and tossed it out.  Side note: I have a super weird issue about eating anything that is 'expired' or I think is too old.  One day over the expiration date, it's in the garbage.
 

My boyfriend was in the kitchen hungry and eating, so I put him to work.  I instructed as he took the reins on the construction of these balls of goodness.  With two bowls and two plates topped with different ingredients, assembly line style; Shayne started with a hard boiled egg and ended with baseball sized meat things that were to be our dinner.  Thirty-five minutes later,  I was looking at them wondering, 'how do we know if they're done?'  Then one of them fell apart, and it was confirmed...they were done!  We added a little kick by smothering horseradish aioli on them.  They were truly tasty and good, but I don't know if I'd make them again.  Leave it to the pros!
 
While we were baking the scotch eggs, we made deep fried cheese curds using hard cider and coconut flour as our batter.  Tweaking, adjusting, and enjoying; we had fun making my favorite food.  As much fun as it was, I again would leave it to the pros...the masters of the art of cheese curb making...the peeps at the state fair.  Now those are yummy!
 
Danke Shayne

No comments:

Post a Comment