Saturday, February 1, 2014

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Put 'em Up! Fruit
2 of 80 recipes...
64 to go...

Tasty Thai Chicken with Lemon Gastrique
 
Topping the charts of everything thus far, the lemon gastrique glazed over baked chicken was beyond outstanding; I had to fight for seconds with my boyfriend.  Paired with some sautéed mushrooms, this is a dish that will definitely be made again.

 
I have not heard of gastrique before this, and I'm not quite sure what I will use the rest of this honey like substance for, but it is something that I will make again.  Just like the Ronco slogan: 'set it and forget it,' lucky for me this stuff is a cinch to make.   With zero stirring, this recipe cooked down to yield about half a pint; which was plenty for the chicken recipe and much, much more.
 
 
Next up, the chicken...the 'tasty thai' chicken marinade took 4+ hours, and in my opinion...added little to no additional flavor above and beyond the great, bold flavor of the lemon gastrique.  The next time I  make this dish, I'm not going to waste the mild ingredients and time on a marinade.
 
Anyone have a good idea for what to use the remaining lemon gastrique in/for?

No comments:

Post a Comment