Thursday, February 27, 2014

THIS ONE'S FOR MY HOMIES...♥

Other Additions, totaling 4...


I did this one for my girls!  Bringing some Italian comfort food home for them; especially since they are vacation sick with this crappy weather.  While in Italy, we shared every dish possible; and because we are all so beautifully different, we had our own ideas of what was good and which ones missed the mark.   Gnocchi is something that they all enjoyed, while I enjoyed something different; so again, I did this one for them. 



Watching the Rachael Ray Show, they made making gnocchi look relatively easy to whip together; just like making homemade pasta, however the process was just a little longer due to cooking and cooling the potatoes.  But everything was straight forward: you mix, you roll, you boil.  I love when it's easy.
Speaking of easy, this pomodoro sauce will be forever be in my Rolodex of sauce recipes (Rachael Ray knows what she's doing!).  With a hand full of ingredients that I already had in my fridge and cupboard, voila!  A couple minutes to simmer and it's done.  The additional basil and cheese on top are necessary to complete any Italian dish.  



Making sure I don't bring my ladies something I wouldn't feed my dogs,we taste tested this stuff; I wasn't at all excited about, but it had to be done!    So I prepared two dishes, one for Shayne and one for myself.  Before I finished with the first bowl, Shayne was convinced he wasn't going to like it because it had cooked spinach in it; I was convinced I wasn't going to like it because I've had it before and didn't.  This dish had nothing going for it; but it's for my ladies, not us!
We were both surprised!  It was edible to the point of enjoying it, Shayne even went back for seconds.  I ate gnocchi, and I liked it.  I'll share with my ladies now :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment