Friday, March 14, 2014

Ray it ain't so?

Other Additions, totaling 5 & 6...

The following two recipes are from two different Rachael Ray Show episodes (my new favorite show).  Both episodes featured Sunny Anderson from Food Network; and thanks to my girls, we have been eating very well in this house!  And a BIG thank you to my dad who donated A LOT of chicken to his daughter.


The idea behind this recipe is to use the small, annoying scraps from the bottom of the chip bag.  Mixing the crunched up pieces with some bread crumbs, I placed a plate covered with this mixture last in line with flour and egg to make a nice coating for the cooking process.  After heating leaded olive oil to 375 degrees (per my thermometer for chicken), I placed the well coated chicken in the shallow oil to fry.  The recipe called for cooking time to be three minutes per side; but because I used leg chicken quarters rather than split chicken breasts, cooking time was much longer.  Actually, after ten minutes on each side, I finished cooking the chicken in the oven as the coating was getting really brown.


Accompanied with my newly found edamame recipe, we ate a little later than desired due to the extended cooking time.  Next time I will NOT start cooking dinner at 9pm.  Woopsy

Pizza Tortellini Soup

After watching the episode that feature ten different tortellini soups ready to eat in just minutes, I went out and bought the ingredients for two of the recipes (sadly, I can find neither recipe to link with).  But I HAD to share one of the recipes!  I believe Shayne and I inhaled the soup and wanted ten more portions each aka: IT WAS DELICIOUS!!


Ingredients: (what do you like on your pizza?)
6 cups -o- chicken broth
8 oz pepperoni log
red and yellow sweet peppers, as much as you want
cheese tortellini, as much as you want
onions, as much as you want


Bring the chicken broth to boil, then add all other ingredients.  Cook to tortellini instructions and it's ready.  Next time I make this, and there will be a next time, I think I'd like to add some mushrooms and black olives; as I enjoy those ingredients on a real pizza pie.
I feel the need to credit Rachael Ray and Sunny Anderson again, this is not my recipe; BUT IT'S GOOOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment