Friday, October 3, 2014

Well-rounded DINNER

4 of 171 recipes...
95 to go...

Apple Cider & Braised Bangers

Bangers?  What is that?  Turns out it's a delicious pub style dish that is quick and easy to make and feeds the masses with ease.  Traditionally English sausage links and mashed potatoes are used to make this recipe happen, however I used un-cased sausage and baked potato wedges (not reading the recipe thoroughly is my thing).  Regardless, it's potatoes and sausage made with apple cider gravy.  



A recipe with many winning qualities.  I might not go through the work of shredding, cooking, and mashing the apples to get the fresh apple cider to make this recipe again; but I will make bangers in the future.  

Having cooked for my roommate and myself; his only suggestion is to use a spicier sausage to identify the sausage over the sweet gravy.  I don't do spicy often but I would agree in this case. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas Cordial & Boozy Parfaits

Also known as Rumtopf, this cordial is meant to be a mixture of all harvest fruits that are added as they ripen through out the year; then at the end of the year, you enjoy the fruits of your labor.  My crop of fruit is non-existent, so I went to the market when grapes and strawberries were in season and made this very potent concoction of fruit infused Bacardi 151 rum.

With some fresh whipped cream and vanilla bean ice cream topped with the fruit that soaked in 151 for six months; roomie and I enjoy this dessert.  Wooowa!  I was good, but it was strong.  Since I have leftovers, I'll make this again; up until I run out.  I don't drink or buy 151 as it's brewed to make an impact.  We did enjoy it though.


No comments:

Post a Comment