Tuesday, November 11, 2014

'JUST DO IT'

6 of 171 recipes...
81 to go...

Savory Cranberry Relish &
Blue Cheese Biscuits
Thanks to my journey with this book, I now know that I'm not the biggest fan of mixing mustard seeds with fruit based relishes; however, after the flavor settled on my palate, the relish and biscuits complimented each other very well.  Everything was super easy to make, especially the biscuits; which were not as fluffy and moist as I thought they were going to be, but still tasty.  My boyfriend, Shayne, didn't share the same opinion.  He absolutely loved every minute eating this stuff, even the leftovers were enjoyed.


Avalanche Sauce &
Fish Poached in Tomato Sauce
Using our new and exciting stainless steal food mill to crush the oven roasted tomatoes was less eventful, but the product was yummy and healthy; the ONLY healthy recipe in this book without sugar.  Within twenty minutes: vegetables were sauteed, tomato sauce has thickened, and the tilapia was poached.  Very unsure about this dish, Shayne and I plopped our butts on the couch where we found out that Shayne likes fish and I was on the fence.  After a few bites, it eventually grew on me, but it wasn't exciting.


Rhubarb Ginger Cordial & 
Rhubarb Gimlet
WOW!!  Rhubarb ginger cordial is a fantasy way of describing infused vodka.  I don't care what name it's given because this stuff is smooth and tasty.  'WOW' is the first word I thought to myself when I sampled the cordial after weeks sitting and infusing in the fridge (recipe only calls for one week, but I didn't get to this stuff until a couple weeks later).
The 'USE IT UP!' recipe is a rhubarb gimlet that completely washed out the amazing flavor of the outstanding cordial I waited weeks to try.  With a 1/2 ounce of lemon juice, this cocktail tasted like floor cleaner to me.  Working with simplicity, Shayne and I mixed the remaining (all of it) cordial with orange flavored soda water and that was dreamy.


THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment