Thursday, November 13, 2014

The app, entree, and de55ert...

6 of 171 recipes...
75 to go...

Quick Rhubarb Jam &
Skillet Cornbread with Rhubarb Orange Sauce
Rhubarb + sugar = greatness!!  'nough said, right?  
No!  I'd like to take this time to give a big shout out to my friend, Susan, for gifting me her stoneware that, coincidentally, contained cornbread from our BACON party we hosted back in August.   Thank you!
Now time to critique the recipes.  Jam was awesome.  The cornbread was a tad bit dense, but I'm a sucker for cornbread regardless.  I'll make this again cornbread again, however I'll be adding a little jazz and pazazz to it next time.




Whole Canned Tomatoes &
Quick Marinara

Yesterday I made a recipe that called for me to blanch some tomatoes, similar to this recipe;  I now know how to properly do it, unlike how I did it for this recipe.  Canning these tomatoes was tough because I didn't follow the directions the first time.  Lesson learned!
A recipe for marinara is great, sadly there was no amazing recipe to use the marinara so I got creative by adding some chorizo & bell peppers which was a home run mix.  Unfortunately the quinoa pasta that I made to go with it topped with blue cheese was edible but not good.  For leftovers, I used this mix and made a breakfast burrito...SO GOOD!



Limoncello & 
Lemon Pepper Martini
When my girls and I were in Italy together, Limoncello was enjoyed on a daily basis with dinner.  I was excited to make this for that reason, but I had a feeling that I might not enjoy this because I didn't care for it in Italy either; I was an odd ball and thought it tasted & smelled like floor cleaner.  My opinion hasn't changed.  But the process was pretty cool.  I sealed a jar air tight, suspending the lemons over everclear for six months (that's rihgt, I started this one in April) creating a greenhouse effect; which gave me a concentrated lemon flavor liquor.  Add in some sugar and water, and it's it.
Shayne drank it, but I don't think he enjoyed it though.   


THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment