Sunday, November 16, 2014

Who's hungry?

4 of 171 recipes...
71 to go...

As this project nears the end, I'm taking great pleasure in paper clipping the sections closed.  Each of these recipes are the last recipes in these respective sections.  I have six paper clips in my book of cooks; and will keep cooking.  If you'd like to join me on a Sunday or Monday (generally) and eat to your heart's content; please join me.  We have food flooding our refrigerator.  Thank you...
...and now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Black Bean Panini with 
Tomato Chutney
The recipe for the tomato chutney was simple and straight forward; add all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 30 mins (my only adjustment: I x-ed out the mustard seeds because, through this journey, I've learned that I don't enjoy them).  The panini was super tasty, especially with some shaved ham squished in there.  
There is leftover chutney, and I'll either use it like salsa or make some more paninis for the car ride up to see my pops; either way this stuff will NOT go to waste!


Peel and Pip Pectin &
Farmstead Cheese Wrap with Earl Grey Jelly
Holy hell people, please learn from my mistake...secure your jelly bag well!!  Otherwise a huge, BIG, monstrous mess will be all over your walls, ceiling, and cupboards when the bag plops into you pectin below it!!  My ceiling is now clean, however it has spots of a beautiful tint of red apple.  Hopefully you've learned a thing or two from this episode of D.A.S.H.

Because of my little issue, I yielded only two cups of pectin rather than four; and for that I could only make the earl grey jelly rather than that AND herb jelly (a similar jelly that had thyme and wine in it; but because I don't like thyme, I'm okay with this).  
I was surprised that I already had all the ingredients for the farmstead wrap from past recipes; this has been a rarity.  The wrap was ultra simple to make, however while making the wrap I noticed that I probably overcooked the earl grey jelly by a couple minutes.  It was a little extra stiff than wanted or expected.  Regardless there was good flavor from the tea to the jelly which complimented the cheese and greens nicely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment